Thread: Weekend report!
View Single Post
La Krashpadita's First Show!
Old
  (#34)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default La Krashpadita's First Show! - 11-23-2008, 09:18 AM

With her old man.

Well, besides when she was a baby or toddler at outdoorsy things.

Friday night I got home from work to be notified my daughter (15) wanted to go to an early all-ages show at my fave local venue (same place I played last week). So I changed clothes, had something to eat, and off we went.

The show was a benefit for a school group helping those w/autism. My ex-bandmate Dave, the soundman there, gave her a pair of earplugs before I could make some out of a napkin or buy a pair. I introduced her to my friend Jen, the bartender (also a local musician, my band Crash Pad has played with her band many times over the years), and Dave first thing.

Dave actually had seen her last when she was a toddler or baby when we did the occasional band practice at my house back in the day. There were literally maybe 6 adults in the whole place (besides staff, which was Jen and Dave and a couple people on door) that stayed for any length of time. A group of another 7 or 8 people came in but I think they found it kind of awkward with all the high schoolers, so they stayed less than an hour. The rest of the adults besides me were a couple band members' parents and a couple regulars who are there a lot (apparently).

We had a good time.

Here is the flyer for the show:

This is the club:

As you can see, it's called 1982. I have yet to hear a good explanation why. It's street address is 919, so I know that ain't it.

This is the band Captain Fresh that played. They were our favorite band that night. In the pic they are playing onstage at 1982, but this is from some other show:

This is what the stage looks like. But the gear is from my side band when we played last week. The stage still looks the same.

This is my friend Jen. She tends bar there:

Here's us outside 1982: