View Single Post
Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review
Old
  (#1)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review - 05-03-2008, 12:59 AM

The Agile AL-3000 and AL-3100 series guitars give the Gibson Les Paul a run for the money. Agile AL-3000 series cost around $400, including shipping. Lower cost than the Epiphone Les Paul Custom and Standard. I’ve owned a couple Gibson Les Paul guitars. While the Agile may not have the same fits and finish quality as the Gibson Les Paul, it is pretty darn good for less than 1/4th the cost! I’ve owned Epi LPs over the years, and Agile are all around nicer than Epiphone Les Paul.

As mentioned earlier, the Agile guitar’s fit and finish is superb, especially for the price. Agile are made in Korea, designed by Kurt from Rondomusic.com. (Some Epiphone Les Paul were Korean made also, but I believe Epi’s maker is a crap-shoot). The Agile guitars for this price point are a precision built musical instrument. From $200 - $400 for an Agile, Korean made, precision built, good set-up job, solid mahogany with one piece mahogany set neck, Alnico humbucker pickups, choice of nut size and bone / graphite nut, plenty of options of finishes, Abalone Trapezodial inlays, hand file frets. Agile are absolutely a rockin guitar.

Gear-Vault Blog

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews