View Single Post
Re: Best Guitar - Overall
Old
  (#16)
V-Type is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Best Guitar - Overall - 03-05-2008, 02:39 PM

From $300-$800.
Well Gibson has a couple of under $800 models that are pretty nice once setup. And Fender has their Hwy1's. But thats more the top of the limit.
I say Epiphone,Jackson,LTD and Ibanez offer the most bang for the buck in this $$$ class.
I pick Jackson though cause most of their imports(DK2's,MG;s,Professionals,etc..) are made in their World class Jackson Japan plant. Also they have Real Duncans and Emgs in many models now.
Thats the same plant that the guy who formed Caparison guitars was a Designer/Luthier for in the 80's and 90's.

I had an Agile and didnt quite like the lower horn being newtered and it felt odd to me. A couple of frets needed leveling also. I traded up for my current Epiphone LP Custom which I seem to be more astetically drawn to. The Agiles have some awesome finishes though. The Ebony vs Rosewood fingerboards on the Agiles was nice but I could hardly hear or feel much difference over the Epi's Rosewood.
Those Xavieres look like the sweet deal Agiles were when they first came out. But nowadays the Agiles are nearly the same price as Epis,Ibanez,Jacksons,etcc...
The bad thing is other than the web Agiles arent even known and their resale is horrid in most cases.