Thread: Digitech RP 500
View Single Post
Re: Digitech RP 500
Old
  (#4)
MetalMac is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Digitech RP 500 - 12-01-2008, 10:54 PM

Hey I do have a couple of questions though. Maybe it's just because I'm ignorant to connecting these things, but there's something strange going on that hopefully someone on here can help me with. When I plug in my RP 500 through my amp's input two strange things happen. First, when it's on the clean channel, if the treble knob is turned up past 8 o'clock there's an unbearable hissing noise and it sounds like there's video game music playing in the background noise. Second, when i switch to the lead channel, the same exact thing happens unless i turn the gain knob down to 2. I have no idea how to remedy that situation. Also, my amp has an effects send and return option. When I plug my RP 500 into that, the hissing noise and stuff is non existant, but my volume drops out and i can't switch to amp/cabinet bypass mode or else my volume drops even worse. I can make it get somewhat loud by turning the RP 500's master level and amp levels up to max, but even then it's cutting my overall volume on my amp by 1/4. I just need help figuring out what to do. I'm sure it's something to do with gain levels but i don't know how to fix it.