Thread: Bugera Amps
View Single Post
Re: Bugera Amps
Old
  (#25)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Bugera Amps - 08-05-2008, 08:53 PM

OK, sorry to re-revive this thread, but I'm getting a 333xl in a couple of months. Some of you guys know I had some gear stolen from me and the insurance company ripped me a new one. I've made a couple of posts about amps I was interested in, but with the economy the way it is, I'll have to save up for at least a year or two to get a "high end' amp. I've played through the 333xl both at a friends house, and at the GC in Birminham and Atlanta, all through diffrent cabs, and beside different amps. The 333xl sounds similar(voiced like?) a Mesa Recto, and PVxXx, but doesn't sound EXACTLY like either one. So why is everyone saying "The Bugera is a CLONE of brand X"? Why isn't it just an amp thats VOICED like brand x, like the PVxXx is VOICED like a Mesa? Oh, and by the way , my friend in Birmingham gigs with his, and he say's it was the best money he's EVER spent on an amp, period. He still wants a JCM800 Kerry King sig model, but says he's gonna keep his Bugera.

Edit: BTW, I'll be getting a Lopo Line 4x12 cab, and am loading it with Eminence Swamp Thang's.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.