View Single Post
Evidently, my fame precedes me... wtf?
Old
  (#1)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Evidently, my fame precedes me... wtf? - 09-20-2008, 12:26 PM

So Wednesday this week I went to my daughter's high school open house. As required (by Mrs. Krashpad) I dressed way "nicer" than usual, khaki slacks and a striped button down shirt. Don't tell Mrs. K, but I did wear my Converse hightops, just between us.

And I wore my klunky "Brian Krashpad" stage persona glasses just to offset the high normality factor.

So, I walk into this convenience store on my way home, to buy beer.

The clerk looks at me, thinks, and finally says... "Aren't you the brains behind a band called Crash Pad?"

I laughed and said I didn't know anything about "brains," but yeah. Unfortunately there was a line of people so we couldn't really banter or engage in a proper conversation. As I got to the door he calls out, "Be sure to imbibe responsibly Brian!"

I have no idea who this person is, although with my memory it's sure possible we've met.

Now, this morning (Saturday) I'm checking my e-mail and I have a Facebook friend request. Someone downstate I've never met. The message with the friend request is: "We dont know each other but you are famous and I'm an anarchist also, cheers."

Well the anarchist thing is I guess because my picture has me wearing an old concert t-shirt with an anarchy symbol on it. Funny that this person would think that any punk rocker with an anarchy symbol on his shirt is actually really an anarchist. (I'll admit to being a leftist for sure, anarchism is a bit too unstructured for me though.)

But where is this "famous" bit coming from? If this keeps happening I'ma start to believe my own press.