View Single Post
Found a Hagstrom in the garbage...
Old
  (#1)
indytruckboy is on a distinguished road

Default Found a Hagstrom in the garbage... - 07-12-2009, 07:59 AM

..... yup. People throw away all kinds of dumb things. 60s Hagstrom II

So let me start by saying I wasn't dumpster-diving. I work for a $14billion company the services refuse. And I am a heavy diesel tech.
My drivers and slingers know I am in a band and into guitars. So when they find stuff, usually Walmart guitars, they bring them to me. I got a decent old Peavey SS amp. Some First Act guitar that I cleaned up/set up and gave away to kids in my neighborhood whose parents can't afford a guitar.

But yesterday they bring me this unit. Spray-painted, strings broke, etc. But solid, all original circuits there, and got that 60s guitar mojo, baby.

I am never ceased to be amazed at what the American public throws out. But I am going to try to restore this unit to it's former glory. So this will be my build thread.

It's a 1967 Hagstrom II ........................... even the original trem arm is there.

But.... Give me some thoughts on which way YOU would go in restoring it. I thought about stripping, leaving the body natural with a oil or clear coat. It has a black pickguard. It's two BIG single coils. Thought about cutting the guard and adding some SD P-Rails.