View Single Post
Weekend report 1/30-2/1 2009
Old
  (#1)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Weekend report 1/30-2/1 2009 - 02-01-2009, 08:27 AM

Rather than make my prior "weekend report" thread a million miles long, I've decided to start a new thread for each weekend.

So, what are you doing or planning for this weekend? Big Super Bowl party? Or do you even care about the game?

Friday night my kid's youth group had a meeting/cookout at one of the leaders' house. He lives way out in the country on a dirt road a couple miles from the nearest paved road. They had a bonfire and lots of hotdogs, hamburgers, and picnic type food.

I played my 12-string a lot by the campfire. It's the one pictured in the middle below:

That old beater Yamaha sure still sounds good.

Saturday morning I took my son Jack out to Camp Shands, a Boy Scout camp way east of Gainesville (we live a bit southwest of town). This is an annual event called "Camp Buc Tuocs" (Cub Scout backwards) where the Boy Scouts show younger Cub Scouts scouting skills. Jack went back when he was a Cub Scout, and now this year as a Boy Scout. I hope he wore the ski clothes I packed for him to sleep in, he was in a tent and it went down to 32 F here last night!

After I got home and had some lunch, I had to take my daughter to meet a friend at our annual Hoggetowne Midieval Faire. Another hour+ round trip! Then a few hours later I had to go BACK to pick her up.

After I got home we had some dinner and vegged out. A lot of driving!

Today, we're going to church this morning, and are offically transferring out membership from our last church to this one. Sorta like being a "made man" in the Mafia, only you don't have to whack someone first. After that, my wife is taking my daughter to go to the Midieval Faire with a DIFFERENT friend, while I go pick up Jack from his camp out, Then, since this is the last day of the Faire, I'm taking Jack out to the Faire with me!

Whew.

This evening we'll watch the Super Bowl and do homework with the kids.

You?