Thread: Weekend report!
View Single Post
Re: Weekend report!
Old
  (#6)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Weekend report! - 07-07-2008, 09:20 AM

Thursday: Mrs. K was working and took our daughter with to help at class, then go to UF fireworks after, son went to the same fireworks with his girl friend (not one word). I stayed home and drank beer and ate a bag of "lite" chips. Won't do the chips thing again.

Friday: did some flooring work in the morning but wasn't feeling too well due to the aforementioned chips. They used to have warnings on them not to eat too many because it can mess you up, but they've taken the warnings off. Guess what? They can still mess you up. Mrs. K took kids to a party in the afternoon for one of her students, who is returning to Cuba, but I still wasn't very well so I didn't go.

Drove up to the nearby town of Alachua for their fireworks around 9. Came home and fired off our own fireworks around 10:30 or so.

Saturday: more flooring and painting and trim work. Floor was finished on Saturday, and I painted the quarter-round trim. Bought a new blade for the power mitre saw and installed it. That's some scary shit. Because if you fuck up and a ten-inch saw blade comes loose, bad things happen.

Sunday: we cut and installed the trim, not only for the new living room and dining room floor, but also in the master bedroom, which we'd never got round to, while watching Wimbledon. Nail guns rock. Now the entire downstairs of Casa Krashpad has wood laminate flooring! Yay! Still have a little trim work to do in the living room where we're putting some molding along the bottom of a bookcase (stain didn't take right and will have to be re-done), but we're almost close enough to start getting furniture back into the living room.