Thread: Weekend report!
View Single Post
Re: Weekend report!
Old
  (#2)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: Weekend report! - 06-29-2008, 11:00 PM

Sounds like you had quite the eventful weekend. That's cool that you got a saw for 15% off, that's a handy saw... if you're doing lots of work. Sounds like you're doing lots of remodel work. We just did our bathroom last fall. I still have some cosmetic work (trim)- because I don't have a good mitre saw. lol

Making a bandage out of tape and paper towel = determination. We can start calling you Krashpad Mcgiver

Our weekend wasn't as eventful, which isn't a bad thing. My daughter is gone to her moms for the week and my gf had the weekend off.

Friday she cleaned house all day and I was trying to learn some coding and stuff (very time consuming). Friday night we order a pizza and hot wings from pizza hut and watched TV until 2 - 3am.

Saturday I slept in till 11, then.... I don't even know what we did. Just puttered around. Saturday evening we were suppose to meet some friends at the karaoke bar. After we discovered the tire flat on the car, I searched the tread to find a nail. So we had to cancel on that...

Saturday night while we were in the living room, I kept thinking that I saw something out the peripheral of my eye... after I convinced myself that my eyes were playing tricks on me... I'd see it again. I didn't hear anything, so I ignored it. Suddenly here comes a bat out of our bedroom down the hall and into my daughters bedroom. I was like WTF!?! (I'm a chicken shit when it comes to bats) so I grabbed the first thing I could find.. a laundry basket and assumed my position. I snuck into the kitchen and grabbed the broom and the mop. I gave the broom to my gf and I took took the mop. We tip-toed down the hall and couldn't see the bat, but we assumed it was still in my daughters room.... well it wasn't. It found it's way back into our bedroom and swooped out down the hall at us... I ran back to the living room hoping to get room to get a good swing at the pest. before I new it, my girl had it pinned down to the floor with the broom. I stomped on it, threw a towel over it and took it outside. Yep, killed it.

Now I keep thinking that I see stuff out the peripheral of my eye again.

Today we took the car up to get the tire fixed. WalMart tire department wanted to sell us a new tire, said the nail hole couldn't be fixed. So I bought a tire plug kit for $2.39 in the store, while we were there we had to do grocery shopping. I hate giving walmart my money, but since walmart put all the mom and pops out of business, we have little choice. We came home and I fixed tire and changed the oil. Mowed the grass... then we cooked out on the grill and watched some TV.

And that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Nothing too exciting. (did I mention that I hate bats?)

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews