View Single Post
Re: Who invented the 'smashing your guitar ' technique?
Old
  (#8)
floydmoline is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: Who invented the 'smashing your guitar ' technique? - 06-16-2008, 06:56 PM

as far as inflation goes, the guitar destroyed in 1960 was only worth what it was worth in 1960...... a comparision would be like worrying about someone smashing a squire stratocaster today...... i doubt you'd think twice about the value of a squire as someone was smashing it, you'd be like ehh it's a squire who cares, same was true to cheap guitars, in 1967 a 1967 strat wasn't worth a whole lot you could get them all day long at any guitar shop they were common and cheap, they didn't become worth a significant amount until they got older, and i seriously doubt that pete for example thought his SGs would be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars today, or that a generic 1967 used fender strat would be worth 30K...... i will garuntee you will NOT see a modern player destroy a 3k Les paul on stage..... i dare anyone to find me a youtube video that shows someone destroying a expensive guitar on purpose..... squires, epiphone, off branders, etc maybe, but nothing worth more than 1k is getting purpousely destroyed i'm certain of that...... even rich people know the value of a dollar

stuff it....... then bake it.......