View Single Post
Re: Monster Factory Amplification
Old
  (#27)
n00b!
Monster Factory is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Monster Factory Amplification - 02-27-2008, 09:39 PM

>Do you have any other Monster themes in mind??

I sure do and I've hinted at them already, but I can't let the cat (...or rather the MONSTER) too far out of the bag, now can I? I will say this much...

* One of them is a very British version of the Swamp Thang circuit style. It's own beast, for sure, but in that high gain sort of "vein", if you get my drift. The platform will be very coffin-like and I'm having some special hardware made for it.

* Another one will share the American heavy bass/scooped mids sound of the Swamp Thang, but will be almost twice the power. It'll be a full stack, but only as tall as the Swamp Thang. I can't say any more.

* There's another full stack like the previous one, except it's over 7 feet tall and 400 watts. I know, you don't need all that power - which is why the power amp section is modular - connect one section for 200W or both sections for 400W. You can even disconnect and remove both power sections and just use the preamp. Putting it together is sort of like building a 7 foot tall monster - which should give you a clue what it's called.

* I'm also working on a new series which will be all combos from 5 to 60 watts and they'll all share similar tone. If you use a 15W at home and get a 60W for the stage, the settings you use on your effects at home will be the same settings you'll use with the bigger amp on the road - it'll only be louder.

There's more, but I'm keeping a lid on it for now.

Don't forget that you don't have to wait for a new MONSTER to come along. You can order a completely custom amp any time. I'll work with you on the design and circuitry to get where you need to go. Look at the MONSTER-izer section of the website and you'll see the general circuit options I do. Those are really just MONSTER circuits that I put in existing amps - much cheaper for a lot of folks. Any custom amp I build will be based on these circuits. The Boneyard Series amps are limited to those options specified on the website. I've got costs cut down to the absolute minimum on those and there's no room to maneuver outside of the options listed. I'll actually be taking a loss on the 30% discount I'm offering this spring, but I've got to get more amps out there somehow or I'll never break into the mainstream.

>Do you have any plans on "Monter-ize"ing Guitars?

I haven't really considered it, but virtually anything is possible...