View Single Post
Help me decide! Which 2x12!?
Old
  (#1)
MatrixClaw is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to MatrixClaw Send a message via Yahoo to MatrixClaw  
Default Help me decide! Which 2x12!? - 06-30-2008, 03:51 PM

Alright, well I've been looking into getting a 2x12 the past couple of months and I've finally found some decent deals. I'm still open to some recommendations, but for the most part I think I've narrowed it down to 3. What I want is a tight low end, something that I could replace my 4x12 with and not miss anything from it. I'm done with G12T-75s so I'm not interested in anything with them or that sound similar.

Which one would you go for and why?

Basson B212 Straight Cab - Guy wants $300. I've heard good things about these and it comes with Eminence Legends in it.

Lopoline 2x12 - $350, comes with Veteran 30s in it, which are Warehouse clones of Vintage 30s. I've heard good things about Lopoline as well as the speakers, plus it's decked out in a cool vintage vibe, tweed tolex and wheat grille.

Mesa Recto 2x12 - I've tried these before and really like them, but the cheapest I've been able to find is about $400, I've seen some locally for less but by the time I saw the ad, they'd already sold it. Comes with Vintage 30s in it.

I'm really leaning toward the Basson right now, but I've never tried one of their cabs before, so I'm not sure what to expect from it, and I can't try it out before I buy it as the guy is out of state. I'd like the Recto cab to match my amp, but I might be getting rid of it anyway and just because it says Mesa on it isn't a reason for me to get it, especially when it's the most expensive. I REALLY want an Oversized Bogner 2x12, but it seems they're pretty hard to find

Not really interested in a Vader unless I can find it at a really good price as I honestly hate how the look (I know, shouldn't judge it just by looks, but I've never been one for those metal grilles unless it was a Krank). Don't want an Avatar, want something higher quality.

Randall RM4/Mesa 2:90
Ampeg VH-140C
Duncan Convertible

[COLOR=Gray]Marshall 1960
Genz Benz G-Flex
Lopo 2x12

Ibanez RG3120 Prestige
Jackson RR5
Edwards E-LP-92SD
Aria Nexter

[URL=http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MatrixClaw/blog/23970/][SIZE=5]Mesa/Boogie Price