View Single Post
Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender.
Old
  (#1)
V-Type is on a distinguished road

Default Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender. - 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM

Well a couple weeks back I traded my Bass and combo for my buds Jackson DXMG and a tube head.
Pretty good deal + my bud plays bass for me so it all works out. Ive owned 3 Jackson's in the mid to late 90's. A Jackson Stealth Pro- Cool guitar but the electronics worked kinda shoddy so she was trade in for a Marshall 4x12. Next was a Dinky JS model. Had a floyd but no locking nut stock. The neck was very nice but it had a broken truss rod and went back for a MIJ DK2. Now the DK2 was an Outstanding guitar.
Trans Black flame top and a Neck so comfortable it literally played itself. Sadly hard $$$$ times forced the sale of her.
Well the DXMG is an MIJ 04 model and is quite a blacked out metal machine. But covers everything. Im not too fond of the stock Emg Hz3's they are nice and quiet at uber gain but lifeless at times.
The reverse headstock is pretty cool as well. The bridge is a Jackson copy but works quite smooth and stays in tune well. I may loose the Volume control and use the tone for volume(the damn thing gets in the way when picking bigtime.
Anyways Lets here your side of the Jackson story. And I think a RR 3 may be in my future.