Re: Who do you like for this election?
Old
  (#17)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Who do you like for this election? - 06-11-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydmoline

Quote:
Obama. We need to stop this World Policeman shit.
we are going to be the worlds watchdog regardless of who is in the house, it is our "responsibility" iraq is a farce, mainly because we invaded NOT because we were called upon by the UN to iraq, uni-lateral military invasion is an invasion no mater how you coat it in the press, and for that bush should be imprisoned for TREASON!!
That's exactly the kind of thing I meant by "world policeman." We can do things dumb, like illegal unilateral invasions, or smart. Iraq was dumb. We're in agreement.

McCain wants to stay there. Saddam's dead and the WMD's were a lie from the get-go. Time to cut them loose.

Quote:
McCain is ready to stay in Iraq for generations. Fuck that.
Quote:

once again it goes back to it's our responsibility, we went in and destroyed a stable government, replaced it with another in-efficient goveernment that can't make up their minds on what they need or want to do.
So because Bush fucked up we're supposed to doom future generations to the albatross of Iraq around our national neck?

I say no way, Ray. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Quote:
Sorry, but the Republicans gave up their position as fiscally responsible about 8 fucking years ago.
Quote:

i say there is more to life than money......
But, if that's you're thought than you shouldn't be concerned about taxes.
Quote:
as far as spending goes that is the fault of congress not the president, the president can't spend anymore money than his yearly salary without consent of congress anyone who's taken a semester of civics knows this..... the primary reason i stand behind the republicans is morality, and values. i honestly don't much care how or why they spend money it really does not directly effect me, the taxes may effect me and as long as they don't raise income taxes i could careless how they spend it. BUT gun control, religion force fed in a public forum, right to life, and personal freedom / morality laws all effect me in a real and personal way. and republicans values are aligned more toward my values, i feel safe knowing there is a guy in a position of power who's interests are in line more with mine.
What "religion force fed in a public forum" are you talking about? You mean like when fundamentalists take over school boards and mandate the teaching of creationism? I agree. You should be voting Democrat on that issue.

I want to hear more about these "personal freedom / morality laws" you mention as well. Which of those are you in favor of? They're opposing interests. If you are for personal freedom, then you'd be against "morality laws." And should be voting Democrat.

As for gun control, if people need a license to drive a car, it's ludicrous to assert that they can't be regulated when they want to purchase and use guns. We both know that the language of the Second Amendment is far from clear that no regulation was intended. In fact, a good argument can be made that it applies only to the forming of militias. But at any rate it's well-settled that reasonable regulations of gun ownership do not violate the Second Amendment. An outright ban might.

I won't even get into abortion rights, other than to say that until a baby is born it's part of a woman's body, and no one else should have any say in what she does with it. Those with the belief that "life begins at conception" invariably base such beliefs on their religious beliefs, and those beliefs are not shared by everyone else. Legislating morality seldom works, and when doing so is based on the religious tenets of certain faiths, whether they be fundamentalist Muslims or fundamentalist Christians, then our right to free religion, which encompasses the right to be from religion, is abridged.