Thread: New guitar
View Single Post
Re: New guitar
Old
  (#40)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New guitar - 10-20-2008, 07:02 AM

Does it buzz from frets 1-12, or 12-24? Does it buzz just strumming open strings, or when you play a chord? Open string buzz is a bridge height adjustment, chorded buzz is either truss or nut, depending on where you are getting the buzz at. It could also be a combination of all of the above. Try to find the factory specs for your axe, and go from there. You'll want to do it in this order:
bridge or string height adjustment
then nut and/or truss adjustment.
make sure the guitar is tuned where you want IE; open D, open C, dropped D, dropped C, or standard before and after making any adjustments. A good book I reccomend is " How to Make your Electric Guitar Play Great: by Dan Erlwine." Good luck, and let us know what the outcome is. BTW, if you don't feel comfortable doing any of this, then PLEASE PLEASE take it to a reputable luthier.
Once it's set up action wise, then it can be intonated, another easy(for me) job to do at home. After all that's done, you'll have an awesome shred axe, it's an ESP, you'll love it. I'm trying to get the exact same axe(ESP/LTD V250) from a guy selling his on another forum, but sadly he hasn't answered any of my posts or pm's.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.