Re: Help me decide! Which 2x12!?
Old
  (#14)
MatrixClaw is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to MatrixClaw Send a message via Yahoo to MatrixClaw  
Default Re: Help me decide! Which 2x12!? - 08-13-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja636
Thanks for the info!! Definately an amp I'll be looking into in the next year or so. Right now I'm just trying to get a halfstack at a cheap price to replace the V2 that was stolen from me. So for now I'll be getting a Bugera 333xl and lopoline 4x12 with Eminence Swamp Thang's loaded in it. I might do the Texas Heats though, I'm undecided right now. The Swamp Thangs will probably give the Bugera the bottom end it's missing in it's sound, don't know how they'd sound with the Splawn though.
Cool, yeah I'd like to try the Swamp Thangs but there's no cabs that anyone carries around here that would have them in them to try.

I thought the Nitro sounded HORRIBLE with V30s, WAY too much crunchiness to it and I couldn't dial it out no matter how hard I tried. The Krankenstein cab with Texas Heats sounded huge with the Nitro and got rid of the high-end sizzle and fizz I don't like through my 1960.

I didn't know you could order the lopo 4x12s with speakers? On their website I only see 1x12s and 2x12, and only loaded with Texas Heats?

Randall RM4/Mesa 2:90
Ampeg VH-140C
Duncan Convertible

[COLOR=Gray]Marshall 1960
Genz Benz G-Flex
Lopo 2x12

Ibanez RG3120 Prestige
Jackson RR5
Edwards E-LP-92SD
Aria Nexter

[URL=http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MatrixClaw/blog/23970/][SIZE=5]Mesa/Boogie Price