View Single Post
Re: My other hobby - Effects pedals
Old
  (#19)
floydmoline is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: My other hobby - Effects pedals - 03-11-2008, 02:15 AM

sound clips of the MXR distortion+ clone are up, i made 2 slight mods to it, so it don't clean up as well, but has more bass through it...... i put a 250K pot for gain instead of the 500k that was original, since i could really careless if it "cleans up" when the distortion is turned down heh and i changed the input and output caps to allow more bass in and out, so it has more gain availible than a stock one and more bass..... since i wanted a dirt box that was a true for life overdrive that didn't sound different when engaged, and had a bit more ompf than the what it had originally which was not much of a distortion so much as an overdrive. i sampled it in most configurations i could .... signal path goes epiphone les paul standard ---> MXR ---> peavey windsor (bass 2:00, mids 1:00, treble 5:00, resonace max, presence 3:00) clean ---> my new homemade 2X12 (which is currently a 2X10) ---> nady SP-1 dynamic mic ---> korg D888 digital recorder ---> USB cable ---> toshiba satellite pro notebook ---> sonar 4 producer edition ---> 96Kb/s MP3 and i know there are nasty artifacts from the MP3 compressor LAME codec don't do well with lower bit-rates..... no there is no EQing reverb, normalization, compression or anything just the straight up signal.

http://www.gear-monkey.com/music_all.php?user=3

stuff it....... then bake it.......