(#6)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: New Bass Day! - 01-07-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan
The only issue that I had with my T-15 was the pickguard cracked around the input jack. It's a bit weak there if you step on your cord and twist while playing standing up. It broke right at the second screw.
Yeah that's a common problem with input jacks mounted on frontplates. Risk can be minimized by using a right-angle plug instead of a straight plug, and by looping your chord under the butt-end and the guitar strap, as well as by simply ensuring one has plenty of cord.

I always incorporate some kind of pedal, even if it's just a volume pedal that stays maxxed on the whole time, so that I have one cord between it and the amp in the backline, and another 20' or so for moving onstage or out into the audience (the cord between the guitar and the pedal). I've never had a prob running out of cord by doing that.
haha, yeah that's a good tip. I can understand this being a common issue with front plugs. Plus add in the fact that I was 13 and thought it was cool to jump around like Van Halen while jamin out some off-key leads.. lol

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews