View Single Post
Re: Monster Factory Amplification
Old
  (#20)
n00b!
Monster Factory is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Monster Factory Amplification - 02-24-2008, 05:50 PM

>...thanx for all the help and info you gave me about your amps.. very helpfull.

Not at all - it's just part of it. And I appreciate all the other comments, too. Since you guys don't have any problem speaking your minds, here's something you can help me with if you're interested:

I'm sketching out some scripting for youtube videos that will basically be demos of my amps. If it works out like I think, then I'll use those instead of sound clips/songs on the website. Generally, people don't really trust sound clips and they sure don't trust complete songs. We know that all kinds of tricky things can be done in the studio and the better your sample is, the less people want to trust that it wasn't doctored in some way. You can doctor the audio portion of video clips just as easily, but there's something to be said of seeing things, too, which brings me to the second reason for doing this: I want to be able to give people a visual introduction to these amps while they're hearing them.

All that's well and good, but what I'd really like to know is, what do today's players want to know? If you could tell an amp manufacturer to send you a video of a particular amp, what would you want highlighted? What would you want explained? What would you want to hear - more playing and less talk? I assure you, I will take your suggestions in the highest regard and you'll see that when these videos hit the web. I'll be ready to shoot these within two weeks, so I'll need any comments by then. Just post right here and I'll see them.

Thanks in advance!

Hoyt