View Single Post
How (musically) famous are you?
Old
  (#1)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default How (musically) famous are you? - 04-16-2008, 05:59 AM

Do we have some ringers here? Answer these questions vis-a-vis your "musical career," and feel free to give explanatory embellishment (for instance, for magazine/TV/radio questions, was the press outlet/show local/national/international?, etc.), drop names, etc..

Have you ever:

Been interviewed or quoted by a magazine or newspaper?

Been interviewed for, or lent memorabilia or other source materials to, a filmaker or TV show making a film/TV show about music?

Been interviewed for, or lent memorabilia or other source materials to, an author writing a book about music?

Appeared in a film about music, as yourself.

Had your photo printed in a magazine or newspaper?

Had your photo on the cover of a magazine?

Had your photo on a pull-out center poster or calendar in a magazine?

Written about music in a magazine/newspaper?

Written a book about music?

Been interviewed on radio?

Been interviewed on TV/webcast?

Performed (live) on radio?

Performed on TV/webcast?

Had your recorded music played on the radio?

Been signed to an independent label?

Been signed to a major label?

Gone on a statewide or regional tour?

Gone on a national or international tour?

Played in public (either jammed onstage or as part of the band/act) with a nationally or internationally famous musician?

Opened for or been (lower) on the same bill as a nationally or internationally famous musician, on the same stage at a single stage-venue at a single-day show?

Opened for or been (lower) on the same bill as a nationally or internationally famous musician, at a multi-stage or multi-venue or multi-day show/festival?

Had a nationally or internationally famous musician or band open for you, at a single-stage venue and a single-day show, before they became famous?

Had a nationally or internationally famous musician or band open for you, at a single-stage venue and a single-day show, after they became famous?

Signed an autograph.

Been recognized as a musician outside of one of your shows or someone else's shows (like walking down the street or at the laundromat or something) by someone you don't know.

Charted on radio play or internet play charts?

Remember, all of the above must be in the context of your "musical career." So, for instance, if I've been interviewed or quoted in a magazine on some legal issue because I'm a lawyer, that doesn't count.

Go!

(I'll answer for myself later as a bump.)