View Single Post
Re: If you could travel back in time to live in any decade what would it be?
Old
  (#4)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: If you could travel back in time to live in any decade what would it be? - 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM

For me I would want to go back to the 70's. Even though I lived through them once, I was still in high school for most of them.

Would love to have been about 17 or 18 in about 1974 in the UK for the birth of their punk rock scene, or 19 or so about the same time period in NYC for the whole CBGB/Max's Kansas City scene. So, just a few years older than I actually was in real life, but in a different location.

From everything I've read, it was a much wilder time than what I experienced growing up, though that's probably a good thing for me.

If not in the punk rock era either in London or NYC, then there are a few other cool times I wouldn't mind checking out-- early 60's London and Liverpool for the British invasion (Beatles/Stones/Who/Kinks) , or late '50's Memphis for the Sun Records era, or late '60's Memphis for the Stax Records era. The '80's in Minneapolis (Replacements/Husker Du) or Athens (REM, B-52's, Love Tractor, Db's) would probably be cool too.