View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
mmcquain is on a distinguished road

Default 03-01-2010, 01:11 AM

So this week we really start getting down to business and next week is pretty much practices every night until opening night on Friday, March 12. Here's the gear setups I'm using.

Electric Guitar:

Fender Strat (with Gibson CS-356 as a backup)
run into my pedalboard and then into a Tech 21 Trademark 60 amp
(using amp effects loop for time-based pedals)
and going direct out of the TM 60 to FOH/monitor mixers

Acoustic Guitar:

Breedlove acoustic/electric into volume pedal then into Tech 21
Acoustic SansAmp D/I box (which feeds FOH/monitor mixers)
and then into a Behringer UltraAcoustic AT108 guitar amp

NOTE: Both of the above amps are facing me as my own personal monitors. I also have a floor monitor facing me with the rest of the band and actors/singers mixed into it.

I'm the only guitarist and switch between electric and acoustic depending on the particular song or musical cue (but most of the time I'm on electric).

I've got fresh strings on all guitar and have extra strings, picks, etc. with me in my gig bag. I even have little clip-on LED "reading lights" on both amps (down low and not viewable from the audience) so that I can see/control everything on the fly even in low light (the band is pretty much in the dark for the entire show).

So any last minute advice from you guys?

Oh, I just picked up a Zoom H2 recorder and will hopefully get some decent sound clips so I can post later and let you all hear how it turned out. The H2 has already proven to be a handy tool for recording practices, etc.

MMCQUAIN * Rock, Blues, Christian player * mmcquain@mcquain.com
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute, Breedlove Acoustic/Electric
Egnater, Dean Markley, D'Addario, various effect pedals
http://www.youtube.com/mmcquain * http://www.facebook.com/mmcquain