View Single Post
Re: Epiphones arent so bad........
Old
  (#21)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Epiphones arent so bad........ - 04-07-2008, 06:37 PM

Hmm.

OK, here we go.

I have 2 Gibbies currently (LP Classic and LP Studio Doublecut). At the outset, I will not judge these by new prices, because that's not what I paid for them. I got the Studio DC w/an Epi hsc for $525 USD, and the LP Classic w/ohsc for $725.

I've also owned two Epi's. A G400 SG, and a Flying V. Both these Epi's had factors that made them less desirable than the Gibbies. With the SG it was muddy pickups, with the Flying V it was an iffy pickup selector switch. But, I only paid $175 for the Epi SG (pawn shop), and $250 for the Flying V (w/ohsc, private sale).

ALL 4 guitars were giggable stock, and indeed I gigged them all stock. With the Epi SG, I sold it after I got a P-90 SG knockoff (Agile Valkyrie II P-90), and with the Flying V, I ditched it when I got a ludicrous deal on a straight trade for a Ric 620 (w/ohsc).

Epi's are often perfectrly giggable stock. Both of mine were. Though I don't own them anymore, mine were both quite passable guitars. It just so happened that I was able to replace them with even better ones.