View Single Post
Re: Epiphones arent so bad........
Old
  (#13)
V-Type is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Epiphones arent so bad........ - 03-03-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indytruckboy
I paid my dues on Epis. I am older and have a high paying job now. I only play high end.

You can say what you want. but.........

Sometimes I go hang out at the house we practice at and I play my singers Epis because I didn't bring a guitar. And I can definitly tell where my money goes. Night and day. We have the same stuff, too. Only mine is Gibson and his is Epi. LP loaded with the same EMGs. Night and day. But you guys think what you want.

He is doing better now as he went over to LTD.
I do agree with you for the most part. The Epiphone does Not feel like the Standard/Custom Gibsons LP I owned and Wish I still owned. But you can get a very close Gibson sactioned/designed Copy that for the most part resembles the Beloved and Very High $$$$ Gibsons Most cannot really afford.
I bought my Gibsons in the early 80's New and paid a whopping $1100 for New Gibson LPC 2 pickup Black Beauty with Stock Dimarzio Super D's and a LP Standard Honey Burst for for $800 new.
At todays prices I need $7000 to have them again. Sadly.
The Epi's for Me are a happy low buck medium. I just add Better pickups and hardware and I have a $500 ballpark sounding Gibson Copy.
All IMO of course and I have a few buds who also own multiple USA Gibsons,Fenders,Jacksons,Suhrs,etc.. and truly Wish I could justify spending the $$$$.
I know they are worth it though but kids and billls suck up a lot of $$$.
But one day........If that lotto hits.