View Single Post
Re: My other hobby - Effects pedals
Old
  (#43)
floydmoline is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: My other hobby - Effects pedals - 04-22-2008, 03:18 AM

yeah for the 120k anything close would work in the feedback loop, more than 110K but less than 200K, 120K is a fairly common value, i use them in place of 150K all the time, because i run out of 150Ks quickly lol..... an advisable mod i would reccomend is replace the 1M output with a 100K - 500K, 1M seems a little high to me, i'd leave the caps where they are..... good they are what i'd use, it'll be a little "wooly" (bassy / full range) with the caps in there, raise the input cap to lower the filters center frequency, i.e. to make it a bass fuzz..... to me a fuzz should be a bit on the bassy side, but i am a tone bender buff, i am not much of a fuzz face kinda guy, the only draw back i can see with that is you have to twiddle the volume on the guitar to vary the input gain.... prolly not a good thing, i'd stick a lower valued pot on the emitter of Q2, i.e. make R4 a 1k or 2K pot. and then get yourself a fancy red round case...... LOL

stuff it....... then bake it.......