View Single Post
Re: Guitar Amp: Mesa Boogie Roadster
Old
  (#9)
n00b!
willow is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Guitar Amp: Mesa Boogie Roadster - 02-18-2008, 11:19 AM

Hi everybody.

I was interested,in your opinions, i was considering buying a Mesa Roadster 2 X 12 combo. I play in a rock band, here in the UK and allthough the amp is expensive, it looks a very versatile and top quality amp. I use obviously clean, Overdriven ( signal on the point of break up), classic rock( AC/DC) and good solo setting (Angus Young).
I currently own, an original Vintage Vox AC30 approx age 1964-1967 i think not the Top boost version though, which i have had for over 27 years(this amp is older than me) and have gigged with it in many bands, with stomp boxs to give me, the different levels of drive. This is a great sound, but allthough the vox has never let me down and has just been serviced, i feel it is getting old and should be retired or sold, perhaps to help finance the purchace of a Roadster or maybe Steletto Ace 2 x 12.
Or the other dilema is i do have a Line 6 Flextone 2 x 12 XL, which is also very versatile, with the floorboard, which gives me a multitude of sounds, plus i have a setting for, an electro acoustic too plug straight in, as well.
Look forward to your feedback, what would you guys do, and if you did purchase a new amp would you go for a head with 4 x 12 cab or a 2 x 12 combo. My view is, if you've played and owned both and had lots of amps, your opinion would be of grat value to me. Many thanks from willow, Heysham, nr Morecambe, Lancashire, England, Uk, Europe.