View Single Post
Re: Got my V100H !!
Old
  (#3)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Got my V100H !! - 09-06-2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan
yeah man, keep us updated. I didn't get your DS-1 shipped out yet.. I will get it out monday. My mind has been in the politics this week.
Hey, that's cool man. Well, I think I'm gonna go to bed now. Been playing around with my amp all nite. I'm lovin' it! Need to change the tubes though, I noticed I started getting some microphonics on about the 4th hour of playing. I'm really loving the power reduction switch. I can flip to 50 watts and really push the tubes without being that loud. I'm borrowing a friends THD power plate right now. Cops came over about 10 o'clock last nite. I'm still amazed at the world of difference in my guitars tone through a full tube amp! The speakers are starting to sound a little better now. Rolling off the gain to about 8-10 o'clock gives a nice AC/DC-crunch. With the gain on about 2-5 it has some nice creamy sustain. Gonna try some scooped mids today when I wake up. BTW I been playing this whole time with the eq pretty flat on both channels (12 o'clock) the clean channel is shimmering but too chimey and not enough low end, I suspect when I change tubes it'll get better. I'm gonna play around more with the efx loop and the clean channel some more too.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.