View Single Post
Re: Your Musical History
Old
  (#9)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Your Musical History - 06-20-2008, 07:39 AM

Hmm, still dead, here's some more history. Though I'd rather hear yours.

Anyhow, so Camp 7 played some shows as a 4-piece. Eventually, tempers flared between the lead singer and the rhythm section. They both quit, iirc on a Sunday after a Saturday night gig. The only reason I remember is that I thought of it as "Sunday Bloody Sunday" as a private joke to myself.

So now we were left with 2 guitarists and no bass or drums. The drummer from my very first band, the Atomics, Chad, had been out in California for several years. While out there he founded the band Neurosis, which became pretty big in punk rock circles, though I think he got out of the band before they did many or maybe any recordings, and certainly before they became semi-famous. So anyhow Chad was back in town and I looked him up and got him to play drums for us. I switched over to play bass and we became a trio.

Iirc our first show as a trio was on Doug's back porch in what was then called the "Student Ghetto:"

Here's a shot from a rare show where I played my backup bass:

This is us playing on July 4, 1990. The show was actually out of doors, and we went on at dusk. It was really hot out. In this pic Doug (our lead singer) has blacked out all the background so it looks like we were on a dark stage or something:

Here we are back at our fave haunt, the Hardback. It looks a little different than in previously-posted pics because they moved the "stage" from the back corner up to the front side wall:

Let's here some stories, or see some pics!