View Single Post
Re: So i got a new amp and need some advice
Old
  (#4)
n00b!
Beckerboi is on a distinguished road

Default Re: So i got a new amp and need some advice - 06-12-2008, 11:02 PM

Ok I think the serial number on this 90's dual rectifier is R-011958. I found it on the back right corner next to the tubes. I wonder what REV my amp is.

An Eq sounds like a great idea. You wouldn't happen to know a good eq rack or pedal would ya? The pod felt so comfortable because i spent hours fprgraming my sound. But since it was solid state it sounded bad live. To me this sounds like it could be perfect if i got rid of the fizz, and muddieness. I like a lot of clarity but also a substansial amount of gain, ya know. When i shred it feels so clutted to me. Would a good eq and noise gate fix that?

The DR is also stocked with 6l6s. What about El34's i heard they sounded pretty good on this amp for soloing too? And some tubes i can see in the amp are the following: two Mesa 5U4G's, four 5881WXT Sovvtek's, and some little fenders tubes toward the front. I do not know anything about which tubes are good so i have no idea if these tubes are good. What are your recommendations?

As for my guitar i have a ibanez rg320 with dimarzio super distorions. I do not know if that is good for this kind of amp though. I heard emgs sound good for these kind of amps unless i am wrong. I hope to get a jem or a petrucci in the near future.

Hope that helped you guys, ... in the process to help me lol.

Thats pretty metal man! BRE BRE!!