View Single Post
So i got a new amp and need some advice
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
Beckerboi is on a distinguished road

Default So i got a new amp and need some advice - 06-11-2008, 09:05 PM

The other day i bought a mesa boogie dual rectifier for 800. It was a ninety's edition so it is a two channel. I have heard that the 90's DR are a little better but i have no idea. Since i am not expeirenced at all with mesas i got a couple questions but first let me give you guys some backround information about myself.. First off, some bands i like are Necrophagist, Dream Theater, SYmphony X, Parkway Drive, The Human Abstract, and Between the Buried and Me. I thought it was a good step up to what was playing thru. (A pod Xt thru a Marchall Avt).
So obvioulsy i lke a lot of technical metal. When i got this i realized that this thing was a gain monster but i didnt realize that it was so muddy...for soloing especially. When i would go shred i felt that it had no clarity at the high notes. It just seemed that it was lacking. But i do know that mesa is known for its quality so there must be a way. I know that the human abstract guitarist (Andrew) uses it. His sweeps sound pretty tight as well his rythem. My question is what can i do to make this thing sound tight and clean?

Change tubes?BBe maximizer?Tube Screamer?Reverb?Delay?Eq?Better Cabinet?

Thanks in Advance.

Thats pretty metal man! BRE BRE!!