View Single Post
Re: Your Musical History
Old
  (#6)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: Your Musical History - 06-11-2008, 12:36 AM

You have great history and, from the stories, it sounds like you had lots of fun. Do you have any old recordings?

..lets see if I can rethink up some old stories.....

During my high-schools days I met up with a couple guys (guitarist and a drummer) --drummers are hard to find and guitarists are a dime-a-dozen in this area.

Anyhow, the three of us would rig up during mid day (after school) downstairs in the living room, at some peoples house. Don't even know who they were, never met them, they were parents of the drummers friend (I think) --they were never home, I think they abandon their kids?! Seriously, they were never home, we were always there. The house was a big old two story, all wood floors, and located downtown (but the town was kind of small).

We would plugin and play loud! Our theory: "the louder, the better". The guitarist had a Peavey 5150 full stack and I had a 120-watt Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 (which was loud enough to be heard =).

The house was on "Main Street" and I remember neighbors weren't happy, yet kids from all over the city were riding their bikes, skateboards and scooters to come see what was going on. I remember kids crowding the front lawn while we putting on a show (the house had a huge picture window) and we had our wireless, so we could walk around on the patio porch (we were afraid to leave the house--because we thought if we stayed on the property, we wouldn't get in trouble for being so loud).

Needless to say, we probably didn't sound very good at all. We were doing some random 'excerpts' of Metallica covers. And we would do the same riffs over-and-over again until exhausted... but we were loud! =)
..oh being young and dumb.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews