View Single Post
Re: Your Musical History
Old
  (#5)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Your Musical History - 06-10-2008, 08:12 AM

During the '80's, after the Atomics, I was in a bunch of what I call "party" bands. These were mainly friends, housemates, and friends of friends. Like the Atomics, we played covers, basically anything we liked, and a couple of the guys had an original song or two. Most of the time we played at house parties that were thrown by us or our friends. Every once in a while we would play a gig in a bar or something, but not often, maybe once or twice a year. From '84 to '86 I was in a bunch of these, these are the names and what I played:

Band of Fools - guitar, vocals (1984-86)
Special Guest - guitar, vocals (1984)
Generics - guitar, vocals (1985)
Tycho - bass, vocals, guitar, keyboards (1985-86) originals and covers in a synthpop vein
Grandfathers of Punk - bass, vocals (1986)

Band of Fools was a 5-piece, guitar, nass, drums, keys (synth), and sax. Here is a highly unflattering collage of all 5 of us:

Here's a photo of 4 of us (sax player not present) taken about 10 years later, at my house in the 90's for a reunion jam:

The keyboard player made a little webpage that actually has a couple snippets of 2 original songs, recorded live at a party, no doubt on a boombox, along with the above photos, if you're really adventurous:

http://www.afn.org/~afn19202/band3.html

I'll see if I can scan and post some shots of some of the other "party bands" later.