View Single Post
Re: What's in your mp3/cd player right now?
Old
  (#12)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What's in your mp3/cd player right now? - 06-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydmoline
lol i meant no offence Brian :-D and still don't but.......
None taken.

Quote:
ninja's older music listed are "classics" or idols if you will, people who listen to cradle of filth, lamb of god, children of bodom commonly listen to hendrix, or metallica, megadeth etc.... BUT people who primarily listen to hendrix etc RARELY listen to cradle of filth, lamb of god, children of bodom (myself included lol)
Cheap Trick is a classic band in the power pop genre. As much as Hendrix is to acid rock or Metallica or Megadeth are in metal. A 22-year-old who is into power pop is going to listen to Cheap Trick. And yes, although I don't know too many 22 year olds (at least in real life) I do know of such a person.

I'm wondering where the "primarily" bit in your analysis comes from though. The OP is simply what's in your player "right now," not primarily.

Quote:
MxPx makes one wonder, but the cheap trick deffinatly dates ya :-D
maybe not the specific album, BUT you added the "nice return to form" hehe.
Why would a young power pop fan not know about their classic albums (Self-titled, In Color, Budokan, Dream Police) and be able to compare something from '97? You can't turn on a classic rock station and not hear those.

I wouldn't presume that a person listening to Led Zep was as old as Robert Plant. I see kids running around malls all the time wearing Zep t-shirts.

If I had said I was listening to Handel's Water Music would you figure I was several hundred years dead?