Thread: Bugera Amps
View Single Post
Re: Bugera Amps
Old
  (#19)
n00b!
Hoosierdaddy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Bugera Amps - 05-31-2008, 09:32 AM

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but those of you considering these amps should check out this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlO2SmhP6Sg[/youtube]

The audio is just a little but noisy on the high gain settings, but that's likely because he recorded this from the effects loop out straight into a computer recording interface. Also, he has replaced the tubes in his amp with Eurotubes. But he commented that the amp still sounded killer even before the tube replacement.

The only thing the jury is out on here is reliability. There's a lot of negativity about them over on the Harmony Central forums...like that's anything new. That place is The Death Star of negativity. But so far most of the people bitching about 'em seem to fall into one of two categories.

A. I have a negative opinion to offer even though I've never played through one (this is the most common by far).

B. They are on repair benches in record numbers all over the free world even though I cannot give you the name/number of any repair shops to verify this with.

So basically, we're still waiting to hear from end users as to how these sound and whether or not they are reliable.