View Single Post
Re: Can anyone help me about what amp i should get
Old
  (#2)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: Can anyone help me about what amp i should get - 03-25-2008, 08:28 PM

Hi Beckerboi,

Welcome to the boards! We have many great posters here always willing to help if you ever have questions.

I guess the first question is what is your budget?

Out of all those you mentioned, obviously, the Road King is most versatile and the Roadster comes in near 2nd. The Roadster has plenty of great options, I couldn't ever think of needing more in the Road King.

Dual Rectos use four 6L6 power tubes and the Triple Recto use six 6L6 power tubes. Meaning the Dual is 100-watts and the Triple is 150-watts (both amps are switchable to EL34 powertubes)

Is the Dual better than the Triple? Not in my opinion. Both are great. However, the Dual has the advantage due to the fact that is is cheaper when it comes time to replacing the tubes. Both are loud as hell! Obviously the Triple will have more head room.

There are many options out there for amps... so picking the right one for you is never easy! So ask yourself:

-What is your budget?
-What are your musical influences?
-How important is versatile to you?

And go from there.

I'm probably bias, but I truly love the Roadster. I never thought I'd want or need such versatile, till I owned one. Then again, do you want to spend $800 or $1700?

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews