Re: Bugera Amps
Old
  (#6)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: Bugera Amps - 02-27-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Factory
At those prices, I don't see how you could go wrong. I'm reading a bunch of negative crap about them, but it's all from people who've never tried one to start with. What a waste of words.

It's not going to be a high end Engl or Bogner, but it doesn't have to be. It just has to sound better than those amps we already know that sound bad, but sell for twice the price.

I have no problem with Behringer gear at all. I own some and have used other stuff and I have no complaints. I also wouldn't blink twice at shelling out some corn for a head and cab. Besides, if you get one and it really stinks (I doubt it), send it to me and I'll run it through the MONSTER-izer. The machine that cures all amp ills.
haha, that's cool man! You mod amps too

This might sound odd to some, but the PV XXX is my top 5 favorite amp. Which is reviewed in negative ways by so many. There are small tricks to the XXX to make it sound better. It all starts with the tubes right through the speakers. I am not fond of the trebly Sheffields at all... It's a great match with a Mesa Boogie Recto cab with V30s. Swap out the 12ax7 in the V2 with a 12at7 to cut back on that gain... and you got a beast. Oh, after one learns how to opperate the active eq of course.

Not sure why I am rambling...lol. I guess because these amps are PV 5150 clones and I love PV xXx???

Anyhow, yeah these look like the could be a nice amp for the money. Perhaps they might need some 'personal' touch... but with that, could be great.

Sorry for the ramble.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews