Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   how often do you play a day??? (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320)

Monster 03-10-2008 08:08 PM

how often do you play a day???

ok how often a day do you play / practice... for me at least 3hrs a day.... sometimes more.. if i have the time..... the guitar is a part of me..... :2thumbups:

floydmoline 03-10-2008 11:14 PM

Re: how often do you play a day???

same here bud

jackal 03-11-2008 02:59 PM

All I can say is Never Enough.. ..
In 1998 to 2002 i played about 8 hrs a day, lol... it was a great time, my skill grew so fast... then life cought up to me and it started to decline... now its all over the place i could not play at all in a day, or i could play up to 4 hours..

senor_penguin 03-11-2008 05:22 PM

hopefully between 1.5 - 3 hours a day. but practice, homework, friends can shorten the time.

Monster 03-11-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senor_penguin
hopefully between 1.5 - 3 hours a day. but practice, homework, friends can shorten the time.

friends who needs friends when you have a guitar only friend you need....LMAO...j/k

Brian Krashpad 03-12-2008 03:36 PM

I often go days at a time without playing a lick.

I do keep guitars at the office for noodling though.

Having a full-time job and 2 kids in school, scouts, sports, art club, anime club, etc., doesn't allow for more.

I'm in a few bands so I occasionally have practices when shows are coming up. But even then, the longest practices are 2-3 hours.

Monster 03-14-2008 10:45 AM

same here with he kids home i don't play much but when they at school i crank the volume and jam loud....

floydmoline 03-14-2008 07:10 PM

ever tried to involve your children monster?

Brian Krashpad 04-02-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydmoline
ever tried to involve your children monster?

I'll answer for me. My daughter decided she wanted to play drums when she was about 12, so I found a dilapidated kit an ex-drummer of mine was selling for cheap, and found a few additional odds and ends to make up a small full kit. Unfortunately, I'm a terrible drummer, and she didn't like the videos I found at the library, so she kind of drifted away from it. But now we have a "house kit" out in the garage at least.

More recently I've been teaching her some bass, and that's going much better, though slowly.

floydmoline 04-02-2008 07:25 PM

yeah my nephew is getting old enough now he's taking an interest in it, we got him a first act acoustic guitar that is about the size of a uke, he's only 5 and kinda small so...., and i must give kudos to first act..... that little guitar is not a toy which i was expecting, intonation is on, action is pretty decentand the scale is accurate, he's picking it up pretty good for a kid his age, he's no prodigy, but it's cool all the same.