Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gear Building & Customization (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   who loves floyd rose guitars??? (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280)

Monster 03-02-2008 06:44 PM

who loves floyd rose guitars???

who here loves floyd rose guitars..... i love them... i prefer a guitar to have one then not.. i think it makes a guitar look much more sexy too... and i find they are just as easy to set up as a non trem guitar....

i use 9's on my floyd guitars.. sometimes 10s if i want a bit heavy tone..

senor_penguin 03-02-2008 08:07 PM

Re: who loves floyd rose guitars???

I use 10's on my peavey, it is a brutal drop C guitar :winkx:

floydmoline 03-02-2008 11:18 PM

once again i feel the need to go against the grain lol...... i do not like them sam i am, i do not like them with 9's or 10's. hehehehe anyway i don't care for floyd roses, or any trem system for that matter really, had a yamaha strat long time ago with a lic. floyd in it..... was more of a hinderance to me than not, and had a fender trem in a fender mexican strat recently, never used it seriously, i toyed with them, but wouldn't ever use one seriously....... now that i have gotten over my strat phase i'm back to meh tried and true les paul....... i learned to play with a les paul, and a les paul was my best friend through highschool, so i guess i may be a little biased, but i don't not like them, but i have had trems on guitars before and not used them enough to justify having them on....... just my 2 pennies worth

torgeot 03-04-2008 12:28 PM

:w:
Love 'em
I feel naked without them. With that said when I record rhythms I use a Les Paul. My floyds do have the tremol-no or ESP arming adjuster on them in case I want to lock it down. 8 guitars right now 4 have floyds, they get played the most. I had 9/5 but some guy just bought my strat copy with a floyd. :2thumbups:

Monster 03-04-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torgeot
:w:
Love 'em
I feel naked without them. With that said when I record rhythms I use a Les Paul. My floyds do have the tremol-no or ESP arming adjuster on them in case I want to lock it down. 8 guitars right now 4 have floyds, they get played the most. I had 9/5 but some guy just bought my strat copy with a floyd. :2thumbups:

anyone i know :jumpgrin: :jumpgrin:

cant wait to play that thing either..... :w:

torgeot 03-04-2008 02:35 PM

It's on the way! :sweet: :2thumbups:

diditfortehlulz 03-05-2008 05:51 AM

Nope, I'm a hardtail man.

Monster 03-08-2008 07:29 PM

the floyd on the sx guitar stays in tune nice for a licensed one.. :w: to me guitars with out floyds look naked to me.....lol

indytruckboy 03-09-2008 10:23 PM

i like mine when I feel like showing off. I generally don't play with them though.

Monster 03-21-2008 11:21 AM

well at least you honest.. i think allot of folks like floyds just cause they look cool on a guitar... i use mine allot... but its nice to have a floyd and non floyd guitar...