Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gear Building & Customization (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Tips and Tricks Thread (home remedies to save $$$) (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338)

Monster 03-16-2008 08:44 AM

The Tips and Tricks Thread (home remedies to save $$$)

I thought i would start a thread so that we can all share any little tips and or tricks we have to save money when it comes to our equipment... i got the idea after reading this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydmoline
that's basically what i do, i unscrew the post from the body, thread a washer bigger than the strap hole on to the screw, thread the screw washer strap post assembly through the strap and screw it back in

that idea above is allot cheaper then buying a locking strap. or at least a good remedy until you can save money to get a good locking one..

so with that in mind feel free to share any little tips and or tricks you have to help all of us save a few bits of $$$... any kind of tips and tricks weather it be for guitars, amps, pedals, anything to help out....

(not tips in tricks on how to play guitar, only tips and tricks of things you do to save money buy making your own and ways to fix things allot less)

floydmoline 03-16-2008 05:49 PM

Re: The Tips and Tricks Thread (home remedies to save $$$)

sounds like a good idea, lol i'm full of money saving ideas....... but most of them are not of high quality, and or slightly dangerous LOL

Monster 03-18-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

sounds like a good idea, lol i'm full of money saving ideas....... but most of them are not of high quality, and or slightly dangerous LOL

same here. i find ways to save money but some might not be safe....lol

floydmoline 03-18-2008 07:09 PM

like building your own speaker cabinet to save 50 bucks....... then you realise how dangerous saws really are LOL

Monster 03-19-2008 06:06 AM

Quote:

like building your own speaker cabinet to save 50 bucks....... then you realise how dangerous saws really are LOL

i hope you have all your fingers...... lol..

i plan on going up in attic today to look for speakers... rainy day a good day...lol :2thumbups:

floydmoline 03-19-2008 08:20 AM

i got a pair of celestions to stick in it, only cost me watching my cousins son 6 times...... not a bad trade :-D

jeffreyliu838 03-19-2008 08:17 PM

Who needs production fret board cleaner when you've got a wire brush and lemon oil?

MrSandMan 03-19-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyliu838
Who needs production fret board cleaner when you've got a wire brush and lemon oil?

+1

floydmoline 03-19-2008 08:50 PM

i don't know about the wire brush though lol i'd prolly use something a little less rigid

Monster 03-20-2008 06:22 AM

thats what i use..... :2thumbups: