Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drums & Percussion (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   boom! (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27)

bassturd 07-05-2007 04:02 PM

boom!

someone must play drums that comes around, who's got a kit? any vinnie paul fans?

Viva-la-Mark 07-29-2007 03:11 PM

Re: boom!

I have a kit, I play drums for a band.
Terrible kit though.
Vinnie Paul is amazing.

MrSandMan 01-12-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viva-la-Mark
I have a kit, I play drums for a band.
Terrible kit though.
Vinnie Paul is amazing.

I agree, vinnie paul is amazing. I love the tone he can push... nice low end throb. I also like Nick Menza.

ninja636 06-02-2008 07:39 AM

I got a guy that goes to my "church" (I'm a Buddhist, so church is in who evers living room we happen to be) he's giving me his double bass drum kit, for free. :biggrin: He said he doesn't have room for it in his apartment, and therefore never plays them. I don't know what brand they are, didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but they'll be here in a couple of weeks. Gonna be great for recording my own drum tracks. Vinnie Paul IS a great drummer, but let's not forget the guy that really got me into that double bass thunder, Lars Ulrich. :w:

MatrixClaw 06-27-2008 02:17 PM

I have a crappy First Act kit that I bought for $30, does that count? :confused:

Brian Krashpad 06-27-2008 07:23 PM

I bought my daughter an old kit I got from my former drummer a few years ago. It's an old Taiwan-made Percussion Plus. Very minimal. Kick, snare, highhat, floor tom, one other tom, a couple cymbals. I need to upgarde a few parts, especially the kick pedal, so it's really functional. She's sorta given up on it and moved on to bass.

Sid 03-31-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
I bought my daughter an old kit I got from my former drummer a few years ago. It's an old Taiwan-made Percussion Plus. Very minimal. Kick, snare, highhat, floor tom, one other tom, a couple cymbals. I need to upgarde a few parts, especially the kick pedal, so it's really functional. She's sorta given up on it and moved on to bass.

awww bass?? drums are so much better!!! i'm new to drums but i already love them!!

MrSandMan 03-31-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad

awww bass?? drums are so much better!!! i'm new to drums but i already love them!!

Hey bro, welcome to the forum. Do you have a drum kit?

Sid 04-02-2009 08:09 PM

hell ya! i'm using half of my dads Pearl set, i would use the full set with the dubble base drum but mi brother is using the other half. but the plus is i get to use a marching snair (sp) drum!!! it sounds awsm and is perfact for heavy metal!! :biggrin:

Gravel 05-05-2009 11:24 PM

Vinnie Paul, what a kick ass drummer. I just wih I got to see Pantera live. :frown: