Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Technique & Exercises (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them... (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251)

torgeot 03-11-2008 12:03 PM

Re: when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them...

I lent a guitar to a friend, he had it leaning on the wall of his bedroom, it fell..... cracked the headstock almost completely off.

senor_penguin 03-12-2008 10:45 PM

That is not what friends are for lol

floydmoline 03-13-2008 07:02 PM

with fiends like that who needs managers, update LOL my dreaded fear arose today, had the LP lying on TOP of my amp/cab...... cat knocked it off......... thankfully nothing broke heh just got a ding in the paint on the headstock........ fuckin cat...... guess i'll be taking better care of my shit now lol that was as close to a heart attack as i want to get

senor_penguin 03-13-2008 09:08 PM

green tag savings at guitar center - $7 for a stand

do it lol

Monster 03-14-2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senor_penguin
green tag savings at guitar center - $7 for a stand

do it lol

thats a great price..... but i don't like guitar stands.... i like cases better..

but for some who don't store in a case a stand is the way to go..

floydmoline 03-14-2008 07:32 PM

lotsa wood around here

could make a guitar stand, but i'd prolly not use it if i had one lol, i'd prolly use it for a week and get lazy again

characterzero 04-07-2008 10:52 PM

Guitar stand or guitar case. But for some reason my guitar case (hardshell) smells of cheap glue so I usually keep the guitar on a stand an air freshener in the case.

Monster 04-16-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydmoline
lotsa wood around here

could make a guitar stand, but i'd prolly not use it if i had one lol, i'd prolly use it for a week and get lazy again

hahah.... well i say make oen you might end up using it cause you made the stand...

Redline68 04-20-2008 08:42 PM

I have two on the wall, and the rest in cases. I like to keep some out and handly, but the rest protected and dust free.

ninja636 05-17-2008 12:39 AM

I know this is an old post, but I leave mine on a stand. I cut the silicone tubing off cause I heard it can ruin a finish, went to Home Depot, and bought some of that black foam stuff you insulate water pipes with, then glued it on where the silicone stuff was.