Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum advice and suggestions (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Next month give-away suggestions (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495)

MrSandMan 06-20-2008 05:02 PM

Next month give-away suggestions

This month free Digitech Bad Monkey giveaway is soon coming to a close and now it's time to start thinking about next months free give-away. In the recent past we gave away a Boss MT-2, Ibanez Tube Screamer, Digitech Grunge, Ibanez Grunge, Digitech Bad Monkey, Guitar Strings... and more.

Winning free stuff is easy and fun.. just post on the forums, refer some friends, write some blogs, upload some music, and just completely enjoy yourself on the Gear-Monkey message boards.

Okay, so next month we are giving away something musical related, we know that, but what? Another kick ass guitar pedal, case of electric guitar strings, a guitar?

Mmmm, What are your thoughts on this?

Conbud 06-20-2008 06:06 PM

Re: Next month give-away suggestions

Not sure... but not only am I up for free gear, I want to start hanging at the Gear Monkey some more just because it's a kick ass website! :sweet:

floydmoline 06-21-2008 05:37 PM

suck-up ^^ LOL

Redline68 06-21-2008 07:52 PM

Hmmm....

Pedals are fun. But everyone needs strings. And who wouldn't like a free guitar?

Tough choice. I guess I'd vote for another pedal give-away. But all are good options.

MrSandMan 06-21-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redline68
Hmmm....

Pedals are fun. But everyone needs strings. And who wouldn't like a free guitar?

Tough choice. I guess I'd vote for another pedal give-away. But all are good options.

I'm seriously thinking about doing the guitar give-away... I always wanted to try that. But I think It'll need marketing, blogged, and PR'd. Also, it won't be a USA Fender or Gibson. It'll probably be a decent entry level like a agile, SX, Turser, Xaviere or a Strat.. perhaps something one could smash on stage. (maybe gear-monkey could find a sponsor)

...and if you smash it on stage, you better get that on video and share it with the rest of us! :sweet:

Another idea, that we haven't tried.... guitar pickups. Mmmm

ninja636 06-21-2008 09:21 PM

How about... A NEW CAR!, or a Gear-Monkey crock-pot. Seriously though, I need a wah, so how about some type of wah? Like a Bad Horsie, or Weeping Demon.

floydmoline 06-23-2008 12:30 AM

i like the guitar idea lol, and agile or douglas LP would be ok - i wanted to try out an SX telecaster style guitar......

dan135 02-04-2009 05:47 PM

the pedal look pretty nice i was thinkin bout buyin a big muff pi the one cliff burton used its like 70 bucks but look worth it

crazy_guitar_man 02-04-2009 07:40 PM

i would have to say the pickups that you said above mrsandman that is a good idea and the guitar would be a good idea too and since they would be more expensive prizes i say to use the the cover of a song for the competition :sweet:

cubis 02-04-2009 08:52 PM

perhaps an amp?

pedal is always a great way to go... i've wanted an EQ pedal and a Compression pedal for a while

have you guys seen the Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai? that's a BEAST of a delay/looper