Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Any Fender fans here? (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282)

V-Type 03-03-2008 02:41 AM

Any Fender fans here?

I was just looking at the pic's I took last year of my mid 70's pawnshop $200 special.
She's a documented 1965 Fender Jaguar with a couple of 66 electronics. Quite relic'd but Completely original and unbroken/damaged. The case is apparently year correct as well All according too Elderly Instruments.
She remains in the "bomb shelter"/ Closet but plays/feels fantastic every time I touch her.
She not as desireable too some as dot neck versions but I find the neck binding and Block inlays an absolute joy too look at.
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/1...1036wk0.th.jpg

indytruckboy 03-03-2008 07:09 AM

Re: Any Fender fans here?

that thing is flippin sweet! :w:

Yea, I love my Fenders. They don't do the metal thing for me, but I certainly use them a lot at home.

V-Type 03-03-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indytruckboy
that thing is flippin sweet! :w:

Yea, I love my Fenders. They don't do the metal thing for me, but I certainly use them a lot at home.

Thanks. She is a rare bird indeed.
Oddly enough all the Relicing was done prior to me owning her in the mid 70's. I put one scratch and some mild buckle rash over the existing "work".
The cracking of the neck finish and tint is pleasing to the Eye. :love: :love: :love:
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/8...1027fa7.th.jpg

Monster 03-03-2008 12:05 PM

i like fender guitars they sound nice and play nice.. but have never wanted to own one... but they own jackson guitars now and i love jackson's... so i guess in away you could say i have...

floydmoline 03-03-2008 04:29 PM

i like fenders, that guitar has to be one of my favorites, and i prefer the block inlays on the 70s jag and jazz' the only thing i never cared for on the jaguars were the bridges..... i like the gibson stlye rythem / lead circuits, this has always been my dilema when playing guitar, i like the fender sound (early rock and roll, surf, 80's alternative rock) but i couldn't fing my self commiting to it, and the noise that a single coil produces throws me away from them, but i really wish there was a guitar could do both, i think a mahogany jaguar, with a bucker in the bridge would be my ultimate guitar, but that isn't likely going to happen lol. the shorter scale of a jag is also a plus, and if the mute ever actually worked right heh

senor_penguin 03-03-2008 05:04 PM

$200 :bowz: :bowz: :bowz:

yacokodiak9@yahoo.com 03-03-2008 07:44 PM

wow that is awesome, i want!

torgeot 03-04-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydmoline
i like fenders, that guitar has to be one of my favorites, and i prefer the block inlays on the 70s jag and jazz' the only thing i never cared for on the jaguars were the bridges..... i like the gibson stlye rythem / lead circuits, this has always been my dilema when playing guitar, i like the fender sound (early rock and roll, surf, 80's alternative rock) but i couldn't fing my self commiting to it, and the noise that a single coil produces throws me away from them, but i really wish there was a guitar could do both, i think a mahogany jaguar, with a bucker in the bridge would be my ultimate guitar, but that isn't likely going to happen lol. the shorter scale of a jag is also a plus, and if the mute ever actually worked right heh

Try a Gibson Nighthawk. I just got one, Fender scale 3 Pups closest I've seen to mix of Fender and Gibson.

V-Type 03-04-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torgeot
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydmoline

Try a Gibson Nighthawk. I just got one, Fender scale 3 Pups closest I've seen to mix of Fender and Gibson.

Those are killer guitars and quite rare. Funny I was looking through a 1982 Guitar Player Magazine last night and they have a full page add for one. When I can get to a scanner Ill post it up.
I had Two Marauders back int he day. They felt like a Tele neck and had some crazy see thru Special design pickups.

floydmoline 03-05-2008 10:35 AM

yeah those nighthawks are crazy rare, they were common for quite a while in the 90s lol but all of a sudden poof they are all gone, so i imagine they have a crazy price tag too