Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gear Building & Customization (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   anyone here use locking straps.. or just regular ?? (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272)

Monster 02-29-2008 07:50 PM

anyone here use locking straps.. or just regular ??

ok who here uses locking straps?? or use just regular straps for the guitars.. i used to have the locking ones. but have just found regular works just as good... and i like to have color and cool pictures one the strap and i cant find any locking straps with skulls and stuff on the strap...

MrSandMan 02-29-2008 09:09 PM

Re: anyone here use locking straps.. or just regular ??

Hell yeah, can't live without strap locks. :bowz:

Makes live so much easier---- :sweet:

indytruckboy 03-01-2008 10:36 PM

All Gibsons and Fenders get Straplocks. Everything else gets Dimarzio locking straps. I like the Dunlop Straplocks a little better.

floydmoline 03-03-2008 12:02 AM

i use a normal strap on my les paul, but put a big assed washer (like froma bolt) on the neck strap post to hold the strap on, my bass i use just a normal strap, the straps seem to stay on the bass fine without a straplok

V-Type 03-03-2008 11:08 AM

Well I use strap locks on MY Epi LPC but my Jackson and PRS SE both have big strap buttons stock so a regular strap seems to fit really snug.
I dont like the look of the detachable strap ends on on some brands clip lock systems. But they do work well.

Monster 03-03-2008 12:15 PM

hey there another jackson guitar player....... :w: and yes Jackson's have nice fat buttons so straps stay on...

senor_penguin 03-03-2008 10:42 PM

Dimarzio cliplocks are the ones I use, they work and they are comfortable enough for me :sweet:

torgeot 03-04-2008 12:12 PM

I use the Schaller straplocks, they are hard enough to get off when you are trying to get a strap off, I've never had a guitar fall with them. Spending $15 is worth the piece of mind.

(Especially if you are trying to keep you new strat with a floyd safe) :jumpgrin:

Monster 03-05-2008 10:34 AM

never thought about trying Schaller straplocks, i may have to look into these.....

Brian Krashpad 03-08-2008 10:06 PM

I make my own home-made straplocks.

I cut a disk of plastic from those fake credit cards people send you in the mial, cut an X in the middle of the disk, then press it down over the end of the strap onto the strap pin.

Eventually these may beak but so long as you take a glance at them from time to time and replace as necessary, they're a lot safer than a strap alone.