Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Technique & Exercises (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them... (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251)

Monster 02-27-2008 11:23 AM

when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them...

well here is a good question when you are not playing your guitar or guitars how do you store them, do you leave them out on stand, just leaning on a wall or in a case....

for me when ever they are not being used i keep them in a case... keeps dust off them and protects them...

jackal 02-27-2008 06:25 PM

Re: when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them...

I was always told to not leave them in the case because it hurts the wood somehow, humidity i think... It might just be for acoustice and semi-hollow's..

I always store them on there wall hooks.

senor_penguin 02-29-2008 07:02 PM

I want wall hooks... :no:

My epi is on a stand while my peavey is on the wall next to it.

indytruckboy 03-01-2008 10:20 PM

in the case

torgeot 03-09-2008 10:13 AM

I have one on a wall hook in my studio, one on a floor stand and the rest in cases. They get alternated on the wall and floor stands so none of them get jealous :lamez:

Monster 03-09-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torgeot
I have one on a wall hook in my studio, one on a floor stand and the rest in cases. They get alternated on the wall and floor stands so none of them get jealous :lamez:

so they dont get jealous..... :jumpgrin:

Brian Krashpad 03-09-2008 10:52 AM

Mine are generally kept cased, with one or two occasionally left out. The ones at the office and a couple at home are cased and set on end, I also have a few cased that are horizontal under my bed, but with those you have to be careful not to stack more than 2 or 3 deep.

floydmoline 03-10-2008 02:07 PM

leaning on the wall, lying on the floor, sitting in a chair, anywhere its not gonna fall and bust the neck

Monster 03-10-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydmoline
leaning on the wall, lying on the floor, sitting in a chair, anywhere its not gonna fall and bust the neck

you brave... i hate having my stuff out and not in cases when not used.. my luck the one time i left one out it woudl end up broken or something...

floydmoline 03-10-2008 11:17 PM

yeah i'm not brave, i'm stupid and lazy :-D