Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gear Building & Customization (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Cheap interface..... (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461)

ninja636 05-23-2008 07:58 PM

Cheap interface.....

I need one to replace the one stolen from me. I had an Mbox 2 w/ Pro Tools LE, running through a Falcon Northwest PC(which was also stolen) all I have now is a pos dell with a celery(celeron) processer in it. Any ideas? I'm on a kinda tight budget, so nothing as expensive as the Mbox I had, and my pc I'm using now till the new Falcon gets here kinda sux. I was looking at the Line 6 Toneport GX, its like 50 bucks. Anyone here heard of or had any experiance with it? When my new pc gets here(thank God my wife got the additional insurance when we financed it) I'm thinking of(eventually) just gettin a Boss GT10. What do you guys think?

tidwop 07-12-2008 01:53 PM

Re: Cheap interface.....

well that interface is fine, but get the one step up, i think its called utx or something like what involving a X. its a million times better btw. as got the gt-10 well get a gt-8 cause ive used both and there wasnt a huge differnce between them, hope you have alot of time on your hands seeing as to get one good patch it will take to 5 hours if your new at it.

ninja636 07-12-2008 07:18 PM

I had a GT-8, but hated spending so much time tweaking it. I test drove one of the GT10's at a music store. WAY easier to dial in, like 200% easier.

tidwop 07-12-2008 11:59 PM

really, thats weird cause i tried out a gt-10 and i found it to be about the same for programing and tweaking.

ninja636 07-13-2008 07:27 AM

Maybe, might have just been the "visual" thing that made it seem easier to me. I don't think I'll get one anyways, I like my single effects pedals better. My experince with the gt8 put a bad taste in my mouth for multi efx. I just wanted to use the gt10 for recording, because of the usb connection. I've since talked to a friend at work that has some recording gear(he does it on the side, but mostly rap crap,) and he has some old equipment he might sell me.

MrSandMan 07-13-2008 03:06 PM

I'm in the market for an interface too. I was looking at a cheap Line 6 TonePort. Just something to hook up the laptop. I'd just use Audacity to edit it.

As far as multi effects, I had a Vox ToneLab before and thought it was pretty cool. They have a 12AX7 to warm it up a little.

zunixaani 03-02-2015 01:36 AM

Hey guys, I got a Epiphone Les Paul Custom in and I'd like to remove the gold plate from all the guitar's hardware. Is there a method for this?

Thanks

PHOTTO 07-03-2019 08:12 AM

I made an association from Japanische Kampfhörspiele to some stuff in Black Mask's line by means of the band Phobiatic, yet I needed to scrutinize a lot of his entrances. I'll take a gander at posting some in the simple inquiries string.