Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amps (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Worst amp you've ever owned? (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412)

jackal 04-29-2008 12:11 AM

The Worst amp you've ever owned?

Ok the only reason i am starting this one is because of a piece of crap i have laying around that is sooooo bad i just have to complain!

The worst amp i've ever own and heard is my Behringer V-Tone GM108

Now i know its only a 15 watt amp and it's a modeling amp on top of that but, come on, i mean seriously, i have played may 15 watts before and they sound like a Mark IV compared to this crap of the crop..

Sorry just venting, lol

ninja636 04-29-2008 01:27 PM

Re: The Worst amp you've ever owned?

I can't remember the name of it, but it was a cheezy pos from radio shack that my mom bought for me when she bought me my first guitar, a pos Lotus Van Halen ripoff. I later bought a Gorilla mini stack, that thing rocked!

characterzero 04-29-2008 04:47 PM

Since I've only had 3 amps so far, the worst has to be the Fender Frontman 15G. I have however experienced a friend's behringer amp that was just horribly built. Without us ever knowing the reason, the effect select knob broke off and in general the amp was always bordering on falling apart.

Redline68 04-29-2008 06:50 PM

I can't decide bewteen a Marshall MG combo or a Fender Bullet 150. There are times that I hate each of them, and other times that I think they sound OK for what they are.

floydmoline 04-30-2008 04:03 PM

marshall MG by far :-O

MetalMac 04-30-2008 10:54 PM

I would have to say the Line 6 Spider II 15W amp. Not only does is sound like a toy, there are no useable settings, and the headphone jack is a joke.

Keep it Metal!!! :w:

indytruckboy 06-21-2008 08:57 AM

I have been fortunate in my amps. My worst, would be a Valveking. I have a Gorilla, which is my first amp. So it's special. And it has this awesome fuzz to it. Great for blues. Perfect for blues, I should say.
So, a VK. No oofense VK guys. Like I said, I have been fortunate with amps and usually do some detective work before I buy.

ninja636 06-21-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indytruckboy
I have been fortunate in my amps. My worst, would be a Valveking. I have a Gorilla, which is my first amp. So it's special. And it has this awesome fuzz to it. Great for blues. Perfect for blues, I should say.
So, a VK. No oofense VK guys. Like I said, I have been fortunate with amps and usually do some detective work before I buy.

Hey, is the Gorilla the little "mini stack" or just a combo? I had the "stack", and it had this "tube" switch or something like that. It was the most awesome sounding amp for what it was. I'd run an OD pedal in front and that thing would SCREAM. :w: I wish I could find one, I'd buy it for nostalgia's sake.

Brian Krashpad 06-22-2008 09:08 AM

I had a little no-name solid state combo during my undergrad days that was pretty crappy. Have no idea what became of it, or even how big the speaker was. Maybe 1X12 or 1X10.

My Kustom 100 1960's solid state amp is no great shakes, at least the head, but is still way better (mainly because of the J.B. Lansing speaker which is epic) than that first combo. I also later had a 100W Marshall AVT hybrid that was OK, just bought it as a backup/band practice amp, but found I wasn't using it enough to justify keeping it.

Every few years I blow up my '70's Woodson solid state bass head, but since I got it free I ain't complainin'.

MrSandMan 06-22-2008 10:03 AM

Crate GFX-15. It was a little 8" combo practice amp with effects. I only bought it for something to play when I was out in Denver working. It was good enough for what I needed it for at the time. Not sure what ever happened to it... think I gave it away to one of my buddys or traded it.