Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Acoustic Guitars (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Who plays electric and has an acoustic? (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169)

MetalMac 03-28-2008 03:19 AM

Re: Who plays electric and has an acoustic?

I like acoustic quite a bit. I have been trying to get a Takamine 12 string for awhile now. I really like the chorus sound. :w:

Redline68 04-05-2008 10:23 AM

Probably 30% of my playing is on acosutic. Sometimes I don't pick it up for 7-10 days, but I always gravitate back to it for periods of time.

characterzero 04-05-2008 11:51 PM

I keep meaning to get an acoustic because it's such a nice change of feel from electric. For me playing acoustic just simplifies everything, and I can really focus on just taking in the richness of the natural overtones. It's nice to sit down with a couple friends and strum out a couple songs.

matt31 04-29-2008 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSandMan
I tune my acoustic down do drop D :P Sounds so rich

Did this with my acoustic...you're right man it does sound a lot richer

ninja636 06-02-2008 07:31 AM

I got a cheap fender acoustic, in D tuning as well. I use it late at night when I don't feel like hearing an electric. The hardwood floors and very spartan decor in my music room make it sound really big.

Perfect Stranger 11-03-2008 06:57 PM

I've got two acoustics, one electric/acoustic, four electrics, and an electric bass. All, except for the bass, get played at least once a week....many times more than that. Each one has it's own personality, sound, and playability.

MrSandMan 11-04-2008 12:40 AM

I have a Dean Performer electric/acoustic that is really nice to play. It's nice to just pull it out and pick on whenever without having to worry about being near a power outlet.

Come to think about it, the strings are starting to sound a bit dead. Any suggestions for a good sounding acoustic string brand? I like a lot of twang :sweet:

Perfect Stranger 11-04-2008 03:59 AM

www.webstrings.com You can't do better than these!

MrSandMan 11-07-2008 01:37 PM

oops, the link was broke. :biggrin: (just needed the r in strings.)

Thanks for the heads up man. Need me some good acoustic strings :2thumbups:

Rickdod 02-18-2009 12:33 AM

I own a JBP acoustic, ive had her for about 5 months now, i named her Hailey and im emotionally attached to this guitar, she wasnt the most expensive, but she is my first and will always be the most beautiful in my opinion, i LOVE my acoustic :biggrin: :biggrin: O and i recently picked up electric :winkx: