Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   First prize is $50! Consolation prize is $25! Payment will be CASH or PAYPAL (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39)

MrSandMan 07-13-2007 03:08 PM

First prize is $50! Consolation prize is $25! Payment will be CASH or PAYPAL

That's right! :babymonkey:

Win $50.00 doing a cover song! The best and most creative musicians WIN!

First prize is $50! Consolation prize is $25! Payment will be CASH or PAYPAL, your choice.

Sign up NOW!!! Competition starts August 18th through August 26th; winner will be announced August 31st! If you want in on this completion, sign up NOW!!! Post here stating that you going to compete.

This competition is for guitarists, singers, full bands, or bag pipes, I don’t care! Use a mouth harp for all I care :P

1.) Cover song will be announced August 18th. :shred:

2.) You have till August 26th to complete the song. (c’mon, they can do it on RockStar) :hookem:

3.) Creativity and quality is a PLUS!

4.) Post your song in this thread for everyone to hear. (MP3 or video)

5.) I’m the judge for the top 5 picks. :police:

6.) The top five will have a thread pole. You PICK the WINNERS! :hbang:

7.) Winner and 2nd place winner will be announced August 31st

8.) I will ask the winners if they want money sent $50 / $25 PayPal or $50 / $25 US mail.

9.) Congratulations!!!!! (That was easy) :shred:

JMCatrow 07-13-2007 04:07 PM

Re: First prize is $50! Consolation prize is $25! Payment will be CASH or PAYPAL

So, you tell us what cover song to do, right? And you're judging on creativity/pole results, not on accuracy right?

MrSandMan 07-13-2007 08:22 PM

Re: First prize is $50! Consolation prize is $25! Payment will be CASH or PAYPAL

Right, my main thing would be something creative for a remake of a cover... if it sounds the same as the original, Boo! I can listen to the CD.

I will announce the song the day the competition starts. As of right now, I'm not even sure what song it will be.

Everything will factor from sound, mix, creativity, accuracy, etc. . .

But as stated before, something creative will probably get further than one of the other factors..

jeffreyliu838 07-16-2007 02:44 AM

I'm in.

Lol, I registered just for this.

Viva-la-Mark 07-29-2007 03:17 PM

Depending on the song I'll give it a go.
I don't have very good recording equipment though. :(

barney18 07-31-2007 12:35 AM

I'm just like the guy 2 posts above me. I saw a signature in another forum with a link to this and I'm so in. I already have all the details worked out and I think you guys will like it. Its on!

bodaciousbob89 08-01-2007 02:55 PM

Is this open to UK residents if so i'm in!

MrSandMan 08-01-2007 03:38 PM

Anyone anywhere. International will need to be able to have access to paypal in order to get paid. :hbang:.

MrSandMan 08-08-2007 06:01 PM

Tick-Tock -- Tick-Tock. almost Aug 18th.

I'm excited.. I want to announce the song early. think I should?

JuiceboxMadness 08-11-2007 01:38 PM

soooo whats your favorite type of music sandman??? :P